Do you have trouble sleeping? It could be a problem with your pillow, or you could be getting troubled with an ailment that you can relieve by using the right type of pillow. Pillows provide correct body alignment that promote your sleep quality. There are different types of pillows that you can choose depending on your sleeping posture and preferences. Here are instances of the different types of pillows for better night sleep.
1. Feather Pillows
Feather pillows are made from very small and curly feathers. Goose and duck feathers are majorly used due to their strength and ability to spring back under pressure. They are usually mixed with down to promote softness. Such pillows are firm, lightweight, and airy.
Feather pillows will offer the flexibility that you need as you change your sleeping position.
2. Down Pillows
Using down pillows offers you a cozy feel, being the softest and gentlest pillow. Down materials are fluffy, soft, and light but do not provide firm support. Hence, down pillows are usually mixed with feathers to provide better support.
3. Memory foam pillows
If you need an adjustable pillow, a memory foam pillow is the go-to pillow for you. It is the best alternative to feather and down pillows, and it allows you to rest your body as it takes the natural shape of your body parts. Memory foam offers better support and comfort than its counterparts.
- Microbead Pillows:
Microbeads called unexpanded polystyrene (EPS) are used that provide firm support in microbead pillows. These pillows contour to any shape and maintain a firm feel on exerting weight. So, if a hard pillow gives you the best sleep, go for a microbead pillow.
5. Body Pillows
If you would love to sleep as you cuddle your pillow while supporting your spine and muscles throughout the night, a body pillow is your next plan. It has a variety of fillings and is large enough to accommodate your entire body. Additionally, body pillows help in relieving pain and improving the quality of your sleep.
6. Cooling Pillows
Are you tired of overheating at night? Cooling pillows are your must-have as they are designed to bring a cooling effect with gel-infused fibers and gel layers or a breathable fabric that avoids overheating by drawing the heat from your body.
7. Wedge pillow or leg elevation pillows
Wedge pillows or leg elevation pillows are designed to elevate your body and relieve you of sleeping problems like sleep apnea, snoring, heartburn, and acid reflux. They are made of different materials, but the majority are made of foam to provide adequate support and firmness.
Factors to Consider to Get the Right Pillow
Before you finalize your decision on the right type of pillow to buy, please keep the following factors in mind.
- Materials: Different materials make pillows to have different features such as thickness and softness. They range from memory foam pillows to down pillows to a combination of down pillows with feather, and many more. Regardless of the material that you choose, you need to find your appropriate pillow that is well-woven.
- Your health: If you have any health concerns like neck stiffness, acid reflux, or pains, go for the best pillow that can give you the best comfort and relief.
- Special features. Features like cooling properties for regulating the temperatures and pillow adjustability to adjust the firmness based on your preferences are a special consideration.
- Maintenance: Choose a pillow that is easy to clean and maintain. You can confirm the care instructions on the care label to enable you to choose a pillow that you can afford to maintain over the long-term.
- Bed Size: Select a pillow that perfectly matches your bed size. A pillow should neither be too small nor too large for your bed.
- Sleeping style: You could be a stomach, back, or side sleeper. Do not forget to choose a pillow with the best features that fit your sleeping style. For example, if you are a stomach sleeper, the best pillow to buy should be the thinner type to provide comfort, whereas if you’re a side sleeper, opt for adjustable pillows.
Allow yourself to have a better night rest by acquiring the best type of pillow based on your specific sleeping needs and personal preferences. The ultimate decision to purchasing a pillow should take care of your health concerns, sleeping posture, and other factors, as highlighted in this article. No more complaints of poor posture, snoring, and other sleeping problems with the right type of pillow on your bed!